Massachusetts Geography Statistics of
- Land Area:
(land) 7,840 sq miles
(water) 2,717 sq miles
(TOTAL) 10,557 sq miles
- Land Area: (all states)
- Horizontal Width: 119 miles from the New York border, direcly east to Boston.
- Vertical Length: 48 miles from the New Hampshire border, directly south to the Connecticut border.
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering States: (5) Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, Vermont and New Hampshire
- Counties: (14) Map
- County: (largest by population) Middlesex 1,473,298
- Geographic Center: is located in the town of Rutland in Worcester County
- Highest Point: Mt. Greylock, at 3,487 ft.
- Lowest Point: Atlantic Ocean, 0 ft.
- Latitude and Longitude
- Mean Elevation: 492 ft.
- Relative Location
Massachusetts Cities, Counties & Area Codes
This page was last modified on April 7, 2017.