- Capital City: Boise (pop. 202,832) (2008 est.)
- Idaho Population: 1,595,728 (2012 est.) (39th)
- Idaho Population: (per square mile)
- U.S. State Populations: (all states)
- Currency: U.S. Dollar (conversion rates)
all u.s. currency (banknotes)
- Idaho Quarter The third commemorative quarter coin
released in 2007 honored Idaho, and is the 43rd coin in the United
States Mint's 50 State Quarters® Program.
Idaho, the Gem State, was admitted into the Union on July 3, 1890 becoming our Nation's 43rd State. Idaho's quarter features the Peregrine Falcon above an outline of the State of Idaho. The inscriptions on the coin include "Esto Perpetua", ("May it be Forever"), the State's motto, "Idaho" and "1890".
The Peregrine Falcon was once on the endangered species list and because of conservation efforts, is now found throughout Idaho and the United States. It is one of the fastest birds in the world.
- Land Sizes
- Language: English, others
- Largest Cities: (by population) Boise, Nampa, Pocatello, Idaho Falls, Meridian, Coeur d'Alene
- Name: The name Idaho was made up by a lobbyist, George Willing, who claimed it was Shoshone meaning "the sun comes from the mountains" or "gem of the mountains." Later he admitted he invented the name.
- Statehood: July 3, 1890 (43rd state)
Idaho Cities, Counties & Area Codes
|Coeur d Alene||Kootenai||208|
|Twin Falls||Twin Falls||208|
This page was last modified on April 7, 2017.