- Capital City: Toronto (5,113,149 pop.) (2006 CMA)
(CMA population includes city and metro suburb areas)
- Ontario Population: 13,505,900 (2012 est.)
- Ontario Population: (per square mile)
- Province Populations: (all provinces / territories)
- Currency: Canadian Dollar (conversion rates)
Fifty Canadian Dollars
- Ethnicity: English, (24%), Scottish (17.5%), Irish (16.5%), French (11.2%), German (9.5), others
- GDP total: $654 billion (Canadian dollars) (1st)
- GDP per capita: $43,847 (Canadian dollars) (6th)
- Land Sizes
- Language: English
- Largest Cities: (by population) Toronto, Ottawa, Mississauga, Hamilton, Brampton, London, Markham, Vaughan, Windson, Kitchener
- London Facts
- Name: Taken from Lake Ontario, a name thought to be derived from a Huron word meaning "great lake."
- Ottawa Facts
- Province Date: July 1, 1867
- Dominion dates (all provinces and teritories)
Note: The Canadian Confederation, or the birth of Canada as a recognized nation, took place on July 1, 1867, and originally included the provinces of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Ontario and Quebec.
- Religion: Protestant (35%), Catholic (35%), others
- Toronto Facts
This page was last modified on September 29, 2015.