- Capital City: Edmonton (1,034,945 pop.) (2006 CMA) (CMA population includes city and metro suburb areas)
- Alberta Population: 3,645,257 (2011 est.)
- Alberta Population: (per square mile)
- Province Populations: (all provinces / territories)
- Currency: Canadian Dollar (conversion rates)
Fifty Canadian Dollars
- Calgary Facts
- Edmonton Facts
- Ethnicity: English (19%), German (15%), Scottish (13%), Irish (10%), French (10%), others
- GDP total: $183.251 billion (Canadian dollars) (3rd)
- GDP per capita: $49,563 (Canadian dollars) (3rd)
- Land Sizes
- Language: English
- Largest Cities: (by population) Calgary, Edmonton, Lethbridge, Red Deer, Grand Prairie, Medicine Hat,
- Name: Alberta is named after Princess Louise Caroline Alberta (1848 - 1939), the fourth daughter of England's Queen Victoria and her husband, Prince Albert.
- Province Date: September 1, 1905
- Dominion dates (all provinces and teritories)
Note: The Canadian Confederation, or the birth of Canada as a recognized nation, took place on July 1, 1867, and originally included the provinces of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Ontario and Quebec.
- Religion: Catholic (26%), No Religion (21%), United Church of Canada (6%), Luthern (4.9%), others
This page was last modified on September 29, 2015.