Isla Mujeres Facts
- Name: Isla Mujeres - a small island 8 miles to the northeast of Cancun, Mexico
- Isla Mujeres Population: 14,012 (2011 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Mexican Peso (MXN) (conversion rates)
Note: U.S. dollars are widely accepted in Cancun.
Twenty Mexican Pesos
- Mexico GDP total: $6.19 billion (2010 est)
- Mexico GDP per capita: $21,700 (2010 est)
- Land Sizes
- Languages: Spanish 92.7%, regional indigenous dialects 5.7%, others. Note: Across Cancun, English is widely spoken in the hospitality industry.
- Name: Isla Mujeres is Spanish for "Women Island."
- National Day: September 16
- Religions: Catholic (92%), Protestant (5%), others
Isla Mujeres Photographs
One of the many Mexican sculptures in the Garrafon Reef Park sculpture garden on Isla Mujeres