ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
There are over 350 beaches scattered along the hundreds of miles of coastline, making water activities a priority. The natural attractions offer mountain climbing, nature tours, hiking and horseback riding.
Santo Domingo's Zono Colonial, "the oldest city in The Americas" features many old churches, museums, shops, cafes and bistros.
When Christopher Columbus landed in 1492, he said, "There is no island that is more beautiful in the world". Many visitors today echo that sentiment as they enjoy the sandy beaches, the turquoise waters, lush green valleys, tall mountains and some of the friendliest people in the Caribbean.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Electricity: 110/120V, 60Hz
- Times to Travel: With average annual temperatures around 80° to 87° F (28° to 30° C), other than in the central mountain area, the Dominican Republic is a great place to visit at any time of the year.
The rainy period runs from May to October with August and September being the middle of the hurricane season. The high tourism season is December to February and July to August. February activities include Carnaval and whale watching in Samana.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Diving in the Dominican Republic
- Dominican Republic Airports
- Dominican Republic Beaches
- Dominican Republic Bird Watching
- Dominican Republic Guide
- Eco Tours
- Events and Festivals
- Experience the Dominican Republic
- Jarabacoa & Constanza
- Museo De las Casa Realas
(Museum of the Royal Houses) (Spanish)
- North Coast
- Samana Peninsula
- South Coast
- Unesco World Heritage Site
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirments. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
About Dominican Republic
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The Richest Countries In The World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
29 Largest Armies In The World
29 Most Obese Countries In The World
The Richest Countries In Africa
10 Most Visited Countries In The World
Cities With The Most Millionaires