ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
The capital city of Bridgetown is vibrant and offers superb shopping and dining experiences, many historical sites including the National Heroes Square with its statue of Lord Nelson, the National Heroes Gallery, the St. Nicholas Abbey plantation and the Parliament Buildings.
Barbados' beaches with their white sand and turquoise, clear water are major attractions; the Atlantic east coast is a favorite for surfers.
The British influence is still felt with the ritual of afternoon tea, cricket is the national sporting game and many people still dress for dinner. The site of the first British settlement is Holetown, on the west coast.
Central Barbados is home to vast plantation homes and beautiful botanical gardens.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Electricity: 115V, 50Hz
- Times to Travel: Weather in Barbados, like most of the Caribbean, has little variation in conditions throughout the year. The average temperature is 75° to 80° F (24° to 29° C).
The warm sunshine and fresh breezes make Barbados a year-round destination.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Access Barbados
- Barbados Beaches
- Barbados Bird Watching
- Barbados Information Guide
- Barbados Nature Tours
- Bridgetown and Barbados Photos
- Diving in Barbados
- Events and Festivals
- Golfing in Barbados
- Mount Gay Rum Tours (Must be 21 to visit site)
- Totally Barbados
- Unesco World Heritage Site
- Welchman Hall Gulley
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirments. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
The Coldest Capital Cities In The World
The Richest Countries In The World
29 Largest Armies In The World
10 States With The Largest African-American Populations
The Richest Countries In Africa
30 Least Populated Countries In The World