ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
The Bahamas are located about 100 miles east of the Florida coast, in the Atlantic Ocean. Although it's comprised of 700 islands, only 30 are occupied as most of the rest of them are under water.
The breathtaking scenery, beautiful weather along with historical sites, parks, trails, nature centers, botanical gardens, casinos, beaches, golf, diving and many more activities too numerous to mention, offer something for every traveler.
Don't forget the food – Bahamian cuisine is centered around fresh fish such as red snapper, grouper, lobster, and the islands' favorite – conch. There's also fritters, chowder, pigeon peas and johnny cakes to enjoy.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Electricity: 110/120V, 60Hz
- Times to Travel: The weather in the Bahamas doesn't vary much from season to season, so any time of the year is great for travel.
The temperature variation between summer and winter is only about 10°. Winter averages 75° F (24° C), so it's a popular time to visit. The summer is a bit warmer and there is more humidity due to higher rainfall.
The high season is from mid-December to mid-April, when there are more people visiting, attractions are busier and prices are higher.
With the perfect location, nearly perfect climate and a perfect environment featuring sparkling turquoise water and white sandy beaches, the Bahamas is a "go to" destination any time of the year.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Bahama Airports
- Bahamas Bird Watching
- Bahamas Diving
- Bahamas Underground (Cave Diving)
- Bahamas Vacation Guide
- Beaches in the Bahamas (by Island)
- Clifton Heritage Park
- Events and Festivals
- Golf Courses
- Grand Bahama Guide
- National Parks
- Out Islands of the Bahamas
- Pirates Museum
- Swim With Pigs
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirments. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Largest Countries in the World
The Richest Countries In The World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
29 Largest Armies In The World
10 Most Visited Countries In The World
Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The 25 Safest Countries In The World
30 Least Populated Countries In The World
29 Most Obese Countries In The World