Antigua and Barbuda, the three-island nation lying between the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea, is in the middle of the Leeward Islands.
The islands are complete contrasts – Antigua is a favored tourist destination for those who appreciate natural beauty, quiet atmosphere, historical and cultural experiences, and white sandy beaches, Barbuda is more isolated and Redonda is uninhabited.
Antigua is sometimes called the "cuisine capital of the Caribbean", as it offers extraordinary dining experiences ranging from casual beachfront cafes and bistros to elegant seaside gourmet restaurants.
Antigua's attractions include caves and grottos, old plantation houses, salt ponds, the Dockyard and the Heritage Collection Museum and lots of tour opportunities to see the island, zip-line through the forest, or swim with dolphins.
Barbuda is one of the least-visited places in the eastern Caribbean. The isolation, however, does have advantages for bird lovers and those who want quiet beaches. The island has the largest colony of frigate birds in the Caribbean, and a bird sanctuary. Codrington is the only village and home to most of the island's 1250 residents.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Electricity: 230V, 60Hz
- Times to Travel: Because of the nearly constant temperatures year-round, Antigua and Barbuda is an ideal travel destination year-round.
With temperatures ranging from the mid-70's° F (mid-20's° C) to the summer high of mid to upper 80's° F (high 20's° C) , it's never too hot or cold.
There is low humidity year-round and of all the Eastern Carribean Islands, Antigua and Barbuda receives the least amount of annual rainfall (about 45 inches), making them the sunniest of all the Islands.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Antigua and Barbuda Airports
- Antigua and Barbuda Diving
- Antigua and Barbuda Guide
- Antigua Hotels & Tourist Association
- Antigua Rainforest Canopy Tour
- Barbuda Welcome
- Dockyard Museum
- Events and Festivals
- Lookout Trail
- Search Antigua
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirments. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
Antigua and Barbuda PhotographsAntigua Carnival Revellers Bluefizz32 at en.wikipedia St. John's...
Buy This at Allposters.com