Panama is replete with points-of-interest for any type of traveler, including tropical rain forest tours, beautiful beaches, bird-watching opportunities, historical sites, numerous national parks, as well as countless fishing, scuba diving, snorkeling, surfing and white-water rafting venues.
At the top of Panama's major attractions list is the Panama Canal and the Miraflores Locks, the best place to watch the international commerce in action; Darien National Park and its thousands of bird and plant species; Panama City and its Bolivar Plaza, National Theater, Metropolitan Cathedral, Presidential Palace and Summit Biological Garden; Portobelo Fortress rain forest area; San Blas and Bocas del Torro archipelagos, and the Pearl Islands.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Electricity: 110/120V, 60Hz
- Times to Travel: Panama has two seasons: wet and dry. Dry season runs from mid-December to mid-April and is considered to be the best time to travel. However, even during the rainy season, it is rare to have an entire day of rain. October and November are the wettest months.
With its constant, comfortable temperatures and daily sunlight, Panama is an ideal destination year-round.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Casco Viego (Historical District Panama City)
- Extreme Panama (Nature and Adventures Guide)
- Golfing in Panama
- Guide to Panama
- Panama Airports
- Panama Bird Watching
- Panama Events & Festivals
- Panama Surf Report
- Panama Tours - Rainforests
- Panama Travel Tips
- Sport Fishing in Panama
- Unesco World Heritage Sites
- Virtual Panama
- Visit Panama
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirments. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
by Sergio Pitamitz
Buy This at Allposters.com Cannon at ruins of San Jeronimo...
by Alfredo Maiquez
Buy This at Allposters.com