Nicaragua has much to offer, including vast areas of untouched natural beauty in its national parks and forest preserves, silver white beaches, volcanoes, rain forests, Spanish colonial cities and much more.
Major points-of-interest include the capital city of Managua, including the National Palace, Fine Arts Palace and Government House; nearby Masaya Volcano National Park; Xiloa crater lake; volcanic footprints at La Loma hill; the churches of Leon; the ruins of Leon Viego; the many attractions of the colonial city of Granada, including Casa de los Leones, San Francisco Convent, Lake Nicaragua boat tours and the not-to-be-missed volcanoes on Ometepe Island.
Nicaragua's Caribbean coast attractions includes Escondido River boat tours, rain forest eco-tourism sites; the carefree, reggae lifestyle of Bluefields, and the coral reefs and diving venues of the Corn Islands.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Electricity: 110/120V, 60Hz
- Times to Travel: Nicaragua has two seasons: the rainy season from approximately May to October and the dry season, lasting from November to April. However, the seasons vary from region to region and are inconsistent from one year to the next.
April and May across the country, are the hottest, driest months, and are subject to dust and clouds of smoke from farmers burning their fields in preparation for planting.
Temperatures are generally warmer in the lowlands and cooler in the highlands. Evenings are always pleasant, and overall, Nicaragua is enjoyable to visit year round.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Chocoyero Nature Reserve
- Corn Islands
- Green Pathways Sustainable Tours
- Masaya Volcano National Park
- Nicaragua Airports
- Nicaragua Beaches
- Nicaragua Bird Watching
- Nicaragua.com (Nicaragua Channel)
- Nicaragua Events & Festivals
- Nicaragua Surf Report
- Nicaragua Travel Tips
- Northern Nicaragua
- Unesco World Heritage Sites
- Visit Nicaragua
- Volcanoes in Nicaragua
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirments. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The Richest Countries In The World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
29 Largest Armies In The World
29 Most Obese Countries In The World
Countries With The Highest Taxes In The World
Top 10 Cocoa Producing Countries
Most Dangerous Cities In The United States