Costa Rica is a traveler's paradise. For outdoor and active visitors, there's surfing, hiking, snorkeling and lots of wildlife to observe. In addition, Costa Rica has over 1,000 miles of simply gorgeous white-and-black sand beaches and plenty of sunshine.
Costa Rica contains unparalleled natural beauty including fiery volcanoes, misty cloud forests, thick rain forests, national parks and a wide range of eco-tourism activities. The most popular attractions include Arenal Volcano, which almost daily produces a spectacular show of lava, rock and stream; the active (and viewable) crater in the Poas Volcano; summit tours of the stunning Irazu Volcano; Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve; Osa Peninsula and the Corcovado National Park, and the Caribbean flora and fauna of Tortuguero National Park.
The single most-visited place in Costa Rica is the capital city of San Jose, which serves as the main entry point into the country, and its mixture of traditional Spanish architecture, museums and theaters are first rate. Limon, on the Caribbean coastline, hosts cruise ships from around the world and offers fabulous markets and shops along its seawall.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Electricity: 110/120V, 60Hz
- Times to Travel: Costa Rica is great to visit any time of the year. The temperatures are quite consistent year-round, with the highlands experiencing warm, comfortable temperatures, while along the coast, the weather is hotter.
There are two distinct seasons: the wet and dry season. The dry season runs from December to April. There are only one or two rainy days per month in most of the regions. The dry season is also the busiest - schools in Costa Rica are closed from December to February, and many travelers visit during the Christmas and Spring breaks.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Anywhere Costa Rica
- Arenal Volcano
- Caribbean Coast Region
- Central Valley Region
- Corcovado National Park
- Costa Rica Airports
- Costa Rica Bird Watching
- Costa Rica Events & Festivals
- Costa Rica Golfing
- Costa Rica National Parks
- Costa Rica Public Transportation
- Costa Rica Tourism Board
- Go Visit Costa Rica
- Irazu Volcano
- Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve
- Nicoya Peninsula
- Osa Peninsula
- Poas Volcano
- Tortuguero National Park
- Unesco World Heritage Sites
- Visit Costa Rica
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirments. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
About Costa Rica
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Largest Countries in the World
29 Largest Armies In The World
The Richest Countries In The World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
Most Dangerous Cities in the World
Top Egg Producing Countries In The World
The Richest Countries In Africa
30 Least Populated Countries In The World
10 Most Visited Countries In The World