- Coastline: 802 miles (1290 km)
- Land Area:
(land) 19,560 sq miles (50,660 sq km)
(water) 170 sq miles (440 sq km)
(TOTAL) 19,730 sq miles (51,100 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: 7 provinces; including Alajuela, Cartago, Guanacaste, Heredia, Limon, Puntarenas and San Jose.
- Horizontal Width: 317 km (197 miles) from Puerto Limón to Santa Rosa
- Vertical Length: 301 km (187 miles) from Upala to Golfito
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (2) Nicaragua, Panama
- Geographic Center: 35 miles NE of Ajajuela
- Highest Point: Cerro Chirripo - 12,500 ft.
- Lowest Point: Pacific Ocean - 0 ft. (0 m)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
Costa Rica PhotographsSeascape of Tamarindo Beach...
by Patrick Di Fruscia
Buy This at Allposters.com
Trending on WorldAtlas
Countries Of Central America
This page was last modified on April 7, 2017.