Wales Travel toATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
Wales, legendary land of King Arthur and the Round Table and nearly 400 castles. Popular attractions include the Great Glasshouse, Portmeirion Village, Snowdon National Park, the Llyn Peninsula and Swansea and the Gower Peninsula.
From secluded inland valleys to its western shoreline, and from Anglesey Island to the Brecon Beacons, Wales is a land of history and stunning natural beauty. For travel tips, city details, major attractions and points-of-interest, follow the links below.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Visit Wales (Wales Tourism Board)
- Calling Code: 44
- Electricity: 230V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Left
- Times to Travel: Wales' climate is much milder than expected (considering its location), as all of the British Isles are warmed some by the powerful Gulf Stream current as it makes its way north through the waters of the North Atlantic Ocean from the Gulf of Mexico.
There certainly are exceptions, but in general terms winters are damp, mild and quite windy, while summers are pleasant with frequent cloudy days.
Wales can be rainy, especially in fall and the early winter months, and much like Scotland, conditions can change quickly along the western coastline and in the high mountains of the northwest.
Most travelers agree that May through September are the best months to visit.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Aberystwyth Information Guide
- Cardiff Visitor Guide
- Castles of Wales
- Cathedrals and Abbeys of Wales
- Fishing in Wales
- Garden of Wales
- Golfing in Wales
- Great British Gardens in Wales
- Newport Visitor Information
- Offa's Dyke Path National Trail
- Portmeirion Village Visitor Guide
- Regions of Wales
- Seven Wonders of Wales
- Swansea Leisure and Tourism Information
- United Kingdom National Parks
- Wales National Parks
- Wales Travel and Tourist Information
- Wales Watersports
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The Richest Countries In The World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
29 Largest Armies In The World
29 Most Obese Countries In The World
The Richest Countries In Africa
10 Most Visited Countries In The World
Cities With The Most Millionaires