ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
Slovenia may be tiny in size, but has so much to do and see that size is not of importance.
Sometimes referred to as the "Green Piece of Europe", agro-tourism is very popular. The diverse topography, ranging from the coastal area to the Alpine peaks, is attainable in just a couple hours drive through the Pammonian lowlands or the Dolenjska hills.
Gothic churches, baroque palaces, castles, caves, thermal springs and a plethora of outdoor activities are all awaiting the Slovenian vistor.
Since its independence in 1991, it has become one of the top destinations for travelers from around the world.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Slovenia Official Travel Guide (Slovenian Tourist Board)
- Calling Code: 386
- Electricity: 220V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: Slovenia is a year-round travel destination, with four distinct seasons, but due to its topography, there are three separate climates.
The coastal area has a Mediterranean most of the year with mild winters and pleasant summers. Eastern Slovenia's climate is Continental with hot summer and cold winters. The northwest region has an alpine climate cnd can be quite cold in the winters.
The most popular times to vist are during the summer and September. December to March is the ideal period for skiers.
- Bled Travel Guide
- Explore Slovenia
- Koper Travel Guide
- Kranjska Gora and Julian Alps Guide
- Lipica Stud Farm (Lipizzaner Horses)
- Ljubljana Travel Guide
- Maribor Travel Guide
- Museum of Contemporary History
- Piran Travel Guide
- Skocjan Caves
- Slovenia Life
- Slovenia Travel Guide
- Slovenian Words and Phrases
- Technical Museum of Slovenia
- Tourist Farms
- Triglav National Park
- UNESCO Sites
- Visit Slovenia
TOURISM TRANSPORTATION:PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS: