Most visitors to Slovakia spend their time engaging in outdoor recreational activities or experiencing the arts and culture.
With an abundance of national parks, mountains, valleys, rivers, castles, churches, museums, architectural sites, there is plenty to see and do.
The capital city of Bratislava is a fun, lively and energetic destination.
The underground caves system of Slovakia are some of the best-known in the world.CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS: GENERAL INTEREST:
- Calling Code: 421
- Electricity: 230V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: Slovakia's continental climate with four distinct seasons, makes it a travel destination at any time of the year.
Summers are warm to very hot with mostly good weather. The spring and fall seasons are the ideal times to travel with warm sunny days and crisp cool nights. The ski season begins in late December and runs through March.
Many hotels and attractions do shut down for the winter, beginning in late October.
- Banska Bystrica Tourist Information
- Bratislava Travel Guide
- Castles and Manor Houses
- Guide to the Slovak Republic
- Kosice Tourist Information
- National Parks and Protected Areas
- Ski Centers
- Slovak Caves
- Slovak Museums
- Slovak National Museum
- Slovak Words and Phrases
- Slovakia Guide
- Tatra National Park
- Towns and Villages
- UNESCO Sites
- Zilina Region Tourist Information
TOURISM TRANSPORTATION:PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS: