- Name: Scotland
- Capital City: Edinburgh (477,660 pop.)
- Scotland Population: 5,295,400 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: British Pound Sterling (GBP)
One British Pound Sterling
- Ethnicity: White 98.2%, South Asian 1.1%, Chinese 0.31%, Mixed 0.24, Black 0.15%
- GDP total: $139.774 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $43,492 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: English (official), Gaelic, Scots
- Largest Cities: (by population) Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Dundee, Paisley, East Kilbride, Livingston, Cumbernauld, Hamilton, Kirkcady
- Name: Scotland's name comes from the Latin word term used to describe the people of Scotland and Ireland.
- National Day: November 30, celebrates Saint Andrew, the Patron Saint of Scotland.
- Religion: Christianity 98%, 2% others
Trending on WorldAtlas
Countries of Europe
This page was last modified on April 7, 2017.