Portugal offers many surprises, all packed into a small country.
Whether your interests are the ancient attractions, medieval villages, seaside towns, castles and palaces, agrotourism or enjoying the parks, mountains, beaches and cultural treasures, Portugal is a destination you won't want to miss.
A visit to Lisbon, along with the wine routes and the various regions are must-sees for the perfect European vacation.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Calling Code: 351
- Electricity: 230V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: Portugal is a year-round destination, with its warm and sunny climate and mild winters.
The high tourism season runs from the middle of June to mid-September. Average temperatures during that time are about 80° F (27° C).
Spring and Fall are less crowded, but the weather is still pleasant.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Agro-Tourism Routes
- Algarve Region Tourist Guide
- Azores Travel Guide
- Beach Guide and Surf Information
- Braga Travel Guide
- Central Portugal Tourist Information (Portuguese)
- Conimbriga Museum and Roman Ruins
- Evora Tourism Guide
- Fatima Guide
- Lagos Tourist Information (Portuguese)
- Lisbon Travel Resource Guide
- Madeira Island Travel Information
- Porto Tourist Information
- Portugal Golf
- Portugal Live Travel Guide
- Portuguese Words and Phrases
- Regions of Portugal
- Sanctuary of Cristo Rei
- Sanctuary of Fatima
- Sintra Travel Guide
- UNESCO Sites
- Visit Portugal
- Walled Town of Obidos
- Wine Routes
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS: