ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
The Netherlands is the ancestral home of famous masters, including Rembrandt and Van Gogh, and their namesake museums are not to be missed.
Add to that mix, the Anne Frank Home and Museum, the world's tallest windmill, Royal Delft Pottery, wooden shoe factories and a myriad of cycling trails and recreational activities, this small, but diverse country is a real gem.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Calling Code: 31
- Electricity: 230V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: The Netherlands has a moderate climate, with very pleasant summers. Winters are considered mild, yet most canals and rivers do freeze, and frigid temperatures are typical, though brief.
Rainfall is evenly split throughout the year, with the lowest amounts falling along the coast.
Spring and winter months are mostly cloudy. In summer, especially in June and July, seven hours of sunshine per day is the average.
Although crowds can be large and attraction lines long, especially in Amsterdam, most travelers seem to agree that April through early October are the best months to visit The Netherlands.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Alkmaar Cheese Market
- Amsterdam Photos and Videos
- Anne Frank House
- Canal and Boat Tours
- Castles in the Netherlands
- Cycling in the Netherlands
- De Hoge Veluwe National Park
- Delta Area Information Guide
- Heineken Experience
- Netherlands National Parks
- North Holland Guide
- Rotterdam Photos
- Rotterdam Tourism
- Royal Delft Pottery Factory
- Schiedam (Home of world's tallest windmills)
- South Holland Guide
- The Hague Travel Information
- Travel to Holland
- Unesco World Heritage Sites - Netherlands
- Van Gogh Museum
- Village of Volendam
- Windmills at Zaanse Schans
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirments. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Largest Countries in the World
The Richest Countries In The World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
29 Largest Armies In The World
Most Dangerous Cities in the World
29 Most Obese Countries In The World
The 25 Safest Countries In The World
30 Least Populated Countries In The World
Most Dangerous Cities In The United States