Located on the shores of the Baltic Sea, Latvia is a multicultural state, due to its postion as the crossroads between East, West, North and South
Latvia offers culture and history, beautiful beaches, natural forests, military tourism and interesting cities and towns.
Riga, the capital city and the largest is a bustling metropolis and is one of the major financial centers and seaports in the Baltics. Its historical center is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The Latvian rural environment is unspoiled nature, tranquil towns and best of all, is not overcrowded as there are plenty of sites and space for everyone to relax and enjoy. The people of Latvia are hospitable and cheerful and are welcoming to visitors.
Latvia - "Best Enjoyed Slowly"
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS: GENERAL INTEREST:
- Calling Code: 371
- Electricity: 220V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: According to the Latvian national poet, Ojars Vacietis, "both ends of the year are white, and the middle is green".
Many travelers have called Latvia a paradise on earth, due to the four distinct seasons.
The winters are not terribly harsh and outdoor activities are plentiful. Spring brings blossoming trees and flowers and birds to the area. July is the hottest month in the summer. Rainfall is heaviest in the fall, but the autumn colors are spectaular.
- Association of Hotels and Restaurants
- Cesis Visitors Guide
- Gauja National Park
- Jurmala Tourism Guide
- Kurzemes Region Tourism Association (Latvian)
- Lake Engure Nature Park
- Latgale Region Tourism Association (Latvian)
- Latvia Cultural Guide
- Latvia Museums Guide
- Latvian Nature Heritage
- Latvian Words and Phrases
- Liepaja Visitors Guide
- Mazsalaca Visitors Guide
- Medieval Castles in Latvia
- Riga City Guide
- Rural Tourism Association
- Salacgriva Visitors Guide (Latvian)
- Talsi Visitors Guide
- Tervete Nature Park
- Turaida Museum Reserve
- UNESCO Sites
- Ventspils Visitors Guide
- Vidzeme Region Tourism Association
- Zemgale Region Tourism Association
TOURISM TRANSPORTATION:PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS: