ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
Hungary is home to numerous UNESCO sites. Budapest is one of the most beautiful capital cities in all of Europe. Plus, there's culture, natural beauty, healing thermal waters, Hungarian goulish, along with monuments, Romanesque churches, castles and national parks.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Calling Code: 36
- Electricity: 230V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: Spring in Hungary is beautiful, although it can be rainy during that period.
Summer months of July and August are warm and sunny and the resorts are very crowded, as this period is the main tourism season.
Winter is the least favorite time to visit, as it's cold and bleak and many of the museums and popular tourism sites are closed.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Aggtelek National Park and Caves
- Balaton Uplands National Park
- Budapest Index
- Budapest Walking Tours
- Castle of Diosgyor (Hungarian)
- Debrecen Tourist Information
- Eger Guide (Hungarian)
- Guide to Thermal Baths
- Gyenesdias Tourist Information
- Gyor-Moson-Sopron County Travel Information
- Holocaust Memorial Center
- Hortobagy National Park
- Hungarian Words and Phrases
- Kecskemet Tourist Information
- Northern Hungary Tourist Guide
- Pecs Tourism Information
- Regions of Hungary
- Szeged Tourist Information
- Szekesfehervar Tourist Information
- UNESCO Sites
- Visegrad Town Tourist Information (Castle Town)
- Zselic Tourist Guide
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS: