ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
Summer weather in Finland is often perfect, so boating, camping, fishing, sailing through the coastal islands, and family hikes though the countryside are most enjoyable.
Major attractions include the capital city of Helsinki and its Suomenlinna Sea Fortress; Porvoo, Finland's second oldest town; the wooden (old town) of Rauma; the world's biggest snow castle near Kemi; and Santa Claus Village near the town of Rovaniemi on the edge of the Arctic Circle.
Other popular points-of-interest include distinctive Aland and its many islands, Lapland and its Sami culture, Medieval castles and fortresses, and a wide variety of national parks spread across the country.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Calling Code: 358
- Electricity: 230V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: The summer months (May through September) are pleasant and are the best time to visit.
Northern winters in Finland are long and very cold, while summers are warm, but brief. In the south, winter temperatures are milder, but still cold.
Above the Arctic Circle (in the far north) the summer sun never completely sets, thus the phrase, "Polar Night." Winter days are dark and rather eerie as the sun doesn't rise for almost two months.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Ainola (Home of Aino and Jean Sibelius)
- Aland Islands
- Castles, Fortresses and Manor Houses
- Espoo Tourist Information
- Finland National Parks
- Fishing in Finland
- Helsinki Guide
- Kuopio Region Guide
- Lakeland - 1000 Lakes Region
- Outdoors Finland
- Porvoo Travel Guide
- Sami Museum Siida
- Santa Claus Village
- Skiing in Finland
- SnowCastle of Kemi
- South Ostrobothnia Region
- Suomenlinna Visitor Guide
- Tampere Visitor Guide
- Turku Visitor Guide
- UNESCO Sites
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirments. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The Largest Countries in the World
The Richest Countries In The World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
29 Largest Armies In The World
29 Most Obese Countries In The World
Countries With The Highest Taxes In The World
Top 10 Cocoa Producing Countries
Most Dangerous Cities In The United States