Estonia may be small in size compared to the majority of the Baltic countries of Europe, but it offers a wealth of things to see and do.
The capital and largest city, Tallinn, is one of the most enchanting cities in Europe and it's sometimes hard to leave. The city is a mix of medieval and modern with cobblestoned streets, 14th century churches, the World Heritage Old Town, museums, cafes, boutiques and nightclubs.
Don't overlook the 1500+ islands - most are tiny, but the ones that are inhabited offer friendly atmospheres and traditional Estonian culture. Over 50% of Estonia is forested, with beautiful hiking trails. There are many castles and quaint little villages to explore all across the country, and, if a winter visit is on your list, a drive across the frozen Baltic Sea between the mainland and the islands is an unforgettable experience.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Visit Estonia (Estonian Tourist Board)
- Calling Code: 372
- Electricity: 230V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: Most travelers prefer to visit Estonia between May and September when the daytime temperatures average in the 70's° F (20° to 25° C). Although Estonia is one of the northernmost countries of Europe, the climate is relatively mild due to its proximity to the water.
The winter months of January and February are the coldest, but there's plenty to do including ice-climbing, skating, ice sailing, or just enjoying the natural beauty.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Art Museum of Estonia
- Estonia Cultural Guide
- Estonia Ecotourism
- Estonian Open Air Museum
- Estonian Words and Phrases
- Gateway to Estonia
- Hiiumaa Island
- Kihnu Vald Island (Estonian)
- Lahemaa National Park
- Narva Guide
- Parnu Tourist Guide
- Poltsamaa Castle
- Rural Tourism
- Saaremaa Island
- Sangaste Castle
- Setomaa Guide
- Tallinn Botanical Garden
- Tallinn Tourist Guide
- Tartu Guide
- UNESCO Sites
- Viljandi Guide
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
Trending on WorldAtlas
The Largest Countries in the World
The Richest Countries In The World
The 10 Smallest Countries In The World
29 Largest Armies In The World
29 Most Obese Countries In The World
Most Dangerous Cities in the World
The 25 Safest Countries In The World
30 Least Populated Countries In The World
Top 10 Cocoa Producing Countries