- Name: Austria
- Republic of Austria (long form)
- Capital City: Vienna (1,712,903 pop.)
- Austria Population: 8,221,646 (2013 est.)
- World Populations (all countries)
- Currency: Euro
- Ethnicity: Austrians 91.1%, former Yugoslavs 4% (includes Croatians, Slovenes, Serbs, and Bosniaks), Turks 1.6%, German 0.9%, other or unspecified 2.4%
- GDP total: $357.8 billion (2012 est.)
- GDP per capita: $42,500 (2012 est.)
- Land Sizes
- Language: German (official nationwide) 88.6%, Turkish 2.3%, Serbian 2.2%, Croatian (official in Burgenland) 1.6%, other 5.3%
- Largest Cities: (by population) Vienn, Graz, Linz, Salzburg, Innsbruck
- Name: Austria's name comes from a Medieval Latin translation of the German word Osterreich, which means "Eastern borderlands."
- National Day: October 26
- Religion: Roman Catholic 73.6%, Protestant 4.7%, Muslim 4.2%, other 3.5%, none 12%
Austria PhotographsStatue in front of the Parliament Buildings...
by Roy Rainford
Buy This at Allposters.com
Trending on WorldAtlas
Countries of Europe
This page was last modified on April 7, 2017.