ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
There are a few villages, but the one and only city in the country, Andorra la Vella, has over 2,000 shops.
Andorra offers some of the most spectacular scenery in all of the Pyrenees. In the winter, this tiny country is well known for the best skiing in the Pyrenees while in the summer, walking or hiking is a favorite activity.
The top historical attraction is the Church of St. Stephen.
Over nine million tourists visit each year, so obviously, Andorra is a favored destination and visitors are well taken care of by the many hotels and other attractions.
- Andorra Tourism Guide (Andorra Tourism Offices)
- Calling Code: 376
- Electricity: 230V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: Andorra's weather is quite pleasant - warm summers and cool winters.
Most of Andorra is snow-covered for five to six months. In spite of its small size, there are marked regional differences in the climate due to its altitude.
For summer activities, the best time to visit is May to September. December through April is the prime ski season.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Andorran Tourism Portal
- Catalan Words and Phrases
- Iron Route
- La Farga Rossell Center
- La Massana Guide (Catalan)
- Open Air Geology Museum "Rocks in the Street"
- Ordino Municipality Guide
- Sant Julia de Lorio Guide (Catalan)
- Ski Andorra
- Sorteny Valley Natural Park
- Travel and Country Guide
- UNESCO Sites
- Valleys of Comapedrosa Communal Natural Park
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
Andorra PhotographsSki lift at a Grandvalira ski resort, Andorra alfonsobenayas at en.wikipedia Ancient Stone Bridge...
by Jeremy Bright
Buy This at Allposters.com