ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
From the Maldive's website,
" ...Sun, sand and sea, a thousand 'Robinson Crusoe' islands, massive lagoons with different depths and infinite shades of blue and turquoise, dazzling underwater coral gardens; a perfect natural combination for the ideal tropical holiday destination. However there is more to the Maldives than just that..."
Add to the above, some excellent fishing and scuba diving venues, quality surfing opportunities, local festivals and shopping, and miles of white sandy beaches.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Visit Maldives (Official Travel Guide)
- Calling Code: 960
- Electricity: 230V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Left
- Times to Travel: Maldives has a tropical climate - hot, humid and dominated by the monsoon seasons. The southwest monsoon season is July and August.
The dry season is December to April with lots of sun and cooler temperatures. Christmas is the busiest time of the year for tourism.
From May to November the skies are cloudy, humidity is high and there are frequent rainfalls. However, this is the best time for diving and snorkeling.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Diving Guide
- Equator Village - Addu Atoll
- Let's Go Maldives Travel Company
- Inner Maldives Travel Guide
- Maldives Attractions
- Maldives Isle Online Guide
- Maldives Resort Guide
- Maldives Tourism Guide
- The Maldives Travel Guide
- UNESCO Sites
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS: