- Coastline: 9,009 miles (14,500 km)
- Land Area:
(land) 3,600,945 sq miles (9,326,410 sq km)
(water) 104,460 sq miles (270,550 sq km)
(TOTAL) 3,705,405 sq miles (9,596,960 sq km)
To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
use our converter
- Land Area: (all countries)
- Land Divisions: 23 provinces, 5 autonomous regions and 4 municipalities in China:
Provinces include Anhui, Fujian, Gansu, Guangdong, Guizhou, Hainan, Hebei, Heilongjiang, Henan, Hubei, Hunan, Jiangsu, Jiangxi, Jilin, Liaoning, Qinghai, Shaanxi, Shandong, Shanxi, Sichuan, Yunnan and Zhejiang. Note that China views the island of Taiwan as its 23rd province.
Autonomous regions include: Guangxi, Nei Mongol, Ningxia, Xinjiang, Xizang (Tibet).
Municipalities include: Beijing, Chongqing, Shanghai and Tianjin.
Special regions: Hong Kong and Macau are special administrative regions of China.
- Horizontal Width: 2,193.42 miles (3,529.96 km) from Kashi east to Tianjin
- Vertical Length: 1,262.54 miles (2,031.87 km) from Macau north to Baotou
Note: Lengths and widths are point-to-point, straight-line measurements from a Mercator map projection, and will vary some using other map projections
- Bordering Countries: (14) North Korea, Russian Federation, Mongolia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Nepal, Bhutan, Burma, Laos, Vietnam
- Geographic Center: About 228.37 miles (367.52 km) southwest of Lanzhou
- Highest Point: Mt. Everest 29,025 ft. (8.850 m)
- Lowest Point: Turpan Pendi -505 ft. (-154 m)
- Latitude and Longitude
- Relative Location
Trending on WorldAtlas
China provinces, municipalities, autonomous regions & their capitals
Countries of Asia
This page was last modified on September 29, 2015.