Angola Travel Info.
ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
Angola, as a tourism destination, is remote and undiscovered, due primarily to a 40-year civil conflict that devastated the infrastructure.
Angola offers beautiful expansive beaches, wildlife parks and the vestiges of Portuguese colonialism.
Note: It is strongly advised to avoid travel to the provinces of Cabinda, Lunda Norte and Lunda Sul. Landmines are a risk outside major cities.
- Calling Code: 244
- Electricity: 220V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: Angola has two seasons - dry and cool from June through September; rainy and hot from October through May
Most travelers prefer visiting during the cooler months. During the rainy months, many parks may be closed due to flooding and roads become almost impossible to navigate as they are solid mud.
The coastal regions are ideal for enjoying the beaches and have much less rainfall during the summer.
TOURISM SITES AND LINKS:
- Adventure Safaris
- Angola Museums
- Angola Surf Guide
- Angola's Travel Online Magazine
- EcoTour Angola
- Luanda Guide (Portuguese)
- National Parks and Protected Areas (Portuguese)
- Province of Bengo Attractions
- UNESCO Sites
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
- NOTE: Before making your travel plans to any worldwide destination, we strongly recommend you authenticate important details regarding all applicable health, passport and visa requirements. The people at Travel Visa Pro can answer all of your questions!
- Angola Travel Advice and Warnings