ATTRACTIONS: (a few major)
Algeria is one of the most fascinating countries in North Africa, but unfortunately, the current security situation is unsafe and most national governments strongly recommend not traveling here at this time.
Algeria is the largest country in Africa and is home to several fascinating attractions and activities. The capital city of Algiers has a rich past and the UNESCO World Heritage sites of the countryside ruins at Djemila, Tipasa and Timgad are fascinating to see.
Another worthwhile sidetrip is a journey to the Hauts Plateaux where you can visit the historical city of Tlemcen, and the Almohad ramparts and Masourah Fortress.
CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAUS:
- Destination Algeria (National Tourism Office) (French)
- Calling Code: 213
- Electricity: 230V, 50Hz
- Drive on the: Right
- Times to Travel: During the summer months, temperatures can be extremely hot - especially in the Sahara Desert.
Most travelers prefer visiting during the rainy season between October and March. The next best time is from March to early May, but there is a chance of sandstorms during this period.
It is advised to not visit during Ramadan, as very few businesses (especially restaurants) will be open
- Algeria.Com Travel Guide
- Algerian Tourism Guide (French)
- Azadi Tower (Arabic)
- Expert Algeria Tours
- Le Jardin d'Essai du Hamma (Botanical Gardens) (French)
- Museums in Algeria (French)
- National Parks
- Online Travel & Culture Guide
- Oran Tourist Guide
- Tlemcen Information Guide (French)
- Travel to Algeria Guide
- UNESCO Sites
PASSPORTS - TRAVEL VISAS - WARNINGS:
Algeria PhotographsThe Arch of Caracalla at the Roman Ruins of Djemila...
by Michael Runkel
Buy This at Allposters.com